Thursday, April 22, 2010

(58) LATTICE Entertain You




We are sad here today. Nana and Papa left this morning. We had too short of a visit with them but loved every moment of the time we had with them. We always feel loved and taken cared of when they are here. My mom gets me whipped into shape and I can survive until I see her again. We always have a lot of laughs and good times when she visits and my dad is always willing to lend a hand or tell a good joke to keep us entertained. I'm happy we live close enough to see them on a regular basis.

After saying good bye to the folks Brad and I ran some much needed errands and upon returning home he hit the lawn. We haven't had rain for a number of days and because rain is in the forecast he decided this was his opportunity to cut the grass(what little we have). Since we live in the woods we don't have much grass. Sometimes I tease him that he is mowing the dirt.
On the errand run we looked for the prebiotics and the probiotics that I talked about in a previous post but came up empty handed. The feed store where we get the dog food was out and the local farm store didn't carry it. I know I am able to buy it on line so that is my next option. We did find a hula hoop and a Frisbee however. This will be Beeker's evening activity.

On the morning walk about with Nana and Papa we found one of GeorgeNGracies feathers. It is long and beautiful. I think it must have been a gift. When I showed the feather to Beeker he spent a long time smelling it and then tongue flicked three or four times then sneezed. That made me wonder if the feather pins have some kind of chemical on it to repel other animals. Beeks was curious but I don't think he liked it. I let Maxie smell it as well and he didn't tongue flick but he was highly curious as well. Thanks GeorgeNGracie!

We recently put up lattice around the base of the back deck. We decided that this would enhance the look of the deck (the aesthetics) and also detour Chez from going under and staying under the deck if(when) he got out of the house. Two days ago we got to see just what happened when Chez met the Lattice. I was putting the dogs out for their dinner. I had just put Maxie out and was returning to get Beeker who was standing at the open garage door waiting his turn when Chez darted out(good herding dog huh?) As I went towards Chez, he ran like the wind towards the back yard. Just as I got to the back yard Chez met the left side of the deck and the LATTICE. He just stopped and head butted the lattice. Then when he was me he jumped horizontally across the stairs to the other side where he again met the LATTICE. I think he didn't really know what to do but he jumped up on the deck and then back down to where he thought he could get under it but met the LATTICE. Two more times he repeated the jumping up and down from the deck to try to get the LATTICE to disappear. Even at the corner of the deck and the house where he usually rubs his scent, he met the LATTICE. He may have thought that he hadn't gone the right way. So in resignation he jumped back up onto the deck to sit by the back door. He just stayed there until I got up to him and picked him up. He began to purr as I carried him into the house. I think he was happy that I had rescued him.

I'm sitting out in the screened in patio with the animals three and it is an incredibly calm green experience. I can hear a number of song birds and GeorgeNGracie have flown by a number of times. Brad has stopped mowing so peace reigns again.

No comments:

Post a Comment