Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just five more minutes please!(19)

Oh, I miss my Man!, He's a great guy, dedicated to his family, work and is thoughtful in all things. But this morning that isn't why I miss him. It's the 6:00AM feedings. This is his morning responsibility, and when he isn't home it falls to me. The dogs know it too. I don't need to set an alarm to get up. Without fail, I am awaken every morning at 6:00. Even today when it was Daylight savings time I was awaken by heavy breathing in my ear at 6:00 sharp. If that doesn't work, I get the rhythmic paw on the bed. Max is more than persistent. He is relentless. So I drag my self up, muttering about their lack of social graces, about how this isn't my job. I am suppose to feed them in the evenings. Isn't that good enough? They of course didn't listen to anything I had to say, just worked together to steer me to the garage to feed them. After blindly feeding and walking them, I'm ready to finish my night's sleep. This is tricky with Max and Beeker. They have energy and think that it's time to play. I mean PLAY! I've devised a plan, I get Beeker up on the bed and he settles down. But Max is put out, thinking that he is being neglected(he thinks that because I take Beeks with me when I go out)so I also invite him up on the bed, only he has to stay on "his side of the bed", which means Brad's side. Good, we're all quiet and I haven't said a word so it's like I'm still half asleep. I get all snuggled down and...and they start nosing each other like my kids use to do. I put my legs between them like a wall to separate them. They accept this and within a few minutes Max turns himself around facing the other way and we are on our way to slumber bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment