Thursday, March 4, 2010

Boys Day Out(9)

I went to work today and Brad stayed home. It was one of his furlough days. This always seems wierd. Me going to work and Brad staying home. It's usually the other way around. When we both leave in the morning I put the dogs outside one last time and then they are good for the rest of the day. When I'm home, Brad get's up early, feeds the dogs, goes off to work and the dogs and I hang for most of the day. We work out a schedule where I can work and they can sleep quietly. Or.. They roughhouse and I ignore them for as long as I can, then get after them to quiet down. At some point I take Beeks for a long walk (yea, I rationalize its for Beeker).
Today however, Brad was home and boy did the dogs have a different day. First he ran errands without either of the dogs( I like to run errands with Beeks). When he came home he took Max on a walk. This got Max so excited and Beeker so jelous. Then Brad ran more errands with Max, leaving Beeks at home. He said Beeker just whined at the back door like he thought maybe Brad needed reminding to take him along. When he returned Beeks was so excited to see the big boys he could hardly contain himself. Brad did let Beeks outside to run and Beeks stayed at a heal until Brad released him, then returned when he called him back. Yea Beeks! After I got home, we needed to go to the grocery store so we took both dogs with us. They love riding in the car. When we again returned we let both dogs run off lead around the yard. This was a first for Max as he usually needs a lead in order to stay focused. As we say,his brain is attached to his gentle leader. He chased Beeker and had such a good time. Beeks is use to running around, and around, and around the house, but Maxie was just happy to follow his own lead. When Brad called Max he came. Even better! I was almost in tears for Maxie. I was so happy with the thought of what might be for him. The big pursuit really tired the dogs out. This is the first sunny day in such a long time(about 2 weeks) It got to be about 45 degrees today. It gives us the feeling that Spring might really be in the air.
Tonight the dogs are cashed. Beeks, who usually follows me everywhere, hardly moves at all. Max plain doesn't move. I think they like having The Man home. Or maybe they like a change of environment. Yea, they like it whenever either of us is home. Tomorrow should be even more entertaining for the dogs. Teenage girls are coming to visit. Those sounds and activities will be very different from what they are use to. Can't wait!

1 comment: