Sunday, May 30, 2010

(96) Day Trippin' With the Dogs


As I gather the necessary items to take with us to our day trip north, the dogs are besides themselves. They follow me like I’m a rock star. They’re my groupies. This can give a person a huge inflated ego. It also can give a person a broken leg. They are so under foot that if I turn around they are right there. I’d appreciate it more if they would lay in a strategic position and watch what I’m doing, but I guess they are concerned that I might move something or go somewhere without them. God forbid that! If Beeks or Max could get closer to me I don’t think I could move. They watch my every move. When I went out to pack some food for them, I could hear them breathing on the other side of the door! A constant ready. We won’t be leaving until later so they have a long anxiety filled wait. When we do leave Max will refuse to go outside, except to get in the truck. It will take both dogs about 30 minutes to calm down enough to lie down. Then if we slow down to turn or make a stop they will pop right up.

Garden flowers… On the walkabout this morning we discovered a lily that isn’t purple; it’s a beautiful color of red. I’m sharing a picture, it’s so beautiful, a deep rich red. I almost hate to say this but its suppose to rain tonight and I hope it does. We have missed the last few predicted thunderstorms and my plants need the rain. I have watered the most delicate but all of the plants need a good soaking.

A silly movie… We rented a silly movie the other night. On the premise that we knew it was a silly movie but it also parodied the dog show world. Best in Show, is absolutely the silliest excuse of a reason to see dogs and owners. I was struck by the number of B stars that were in this movie. On the other hand the dogs were all champions. We realized this when we watched the credits, trying to figure out who all of the actors were. Anyway, it gave us a laugh and that was worth it. Don’t get me wrong, this is no Academy Award winner but if you love seeing dogs and can imagine what their owners must be like at the show level, this silly movie is for you.


Talking about silly… Brad sent me this U Tube video and it is so worth your time. It is about a dog and well, breakfast. Enjoy!


Books... I’ve started reading Chase! by Clarissa von Reinhardt. It’s about positive ways to manage your dog’s predatory instincts. This is Max’s biggest challenge, so after I read it I will be passing it on to Max’s owner.

1 comment:

  1. ok, that is waaay fun to watch. In fact I think I will watch it again....

    ReplyDelete