Thursday, May 13, 2010

(79) More Rain on the MidWestern Plain


I am so tired of all the rain and thunderstorms we have had lately. I have, to be honest,been lucky to get to take Beeks out on the morning walkabout the last few days before or in between the storms. But really! Enough already. Since I have been working 12 hour days I don't get to see much of the day anyway but I would like to walk out of work in dry darkness instead of a storm. Brad has returned and that always gives me a huge relief. He made it home in between storms, which is the first time in 3 years he has arrived on time. Seriously, every time he travels to DC his return travels are either delayed for hours or canceled all together.

During our walk about this morning, I noticed the spring rains have brought some good to the yard. The Japanese Iris have bloomed. See above! Beautiful right!

I am finishing this after work and I guess that the whole time I was working the sun was shining and it was beautiful, wouldn't you know...and when I left work it was just beginning to rain. The dogs were so excited to see me when I got home tonight. Seems everything has been restored to order with Brad's homecoming. Brad came home in the afternoon to let the dogs out and they were overjoyed to have him home. They turned circles and were busting to get outside. Then once back inside they wrestled hard for about 10 minutes until exhausted and now are laying down near my chair. Two more days of long hours and then the weekend will be here and we can spend some quality time with the dogs! Yea. This schedule has really changed our pattern of doing things for both the dogs as well as Brad and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment