Sunday, May 23, 2010

(89) De-dogging the Dog House



Lots of excitement here today. Brad's parents are coming for a short visit and should be here sometime this afternoon, so you know what that means. Yep, I have to de-dog my house. Actually I am not getting rid of Max and Beeks. I just mean that I have to clean and pick up all of their toys. My house not only looks like a dog house , it smell like one too. The last time that Brad's rents came, his step mom came down the stairs and stepped on a dog toy(a ball?)and broke her ankle. Boy did I feel like a heel. She had to have pins put in her ankle as well. So I really have to do a good job this time. We tend to allow a good teal of time to elapse before we clean really good here since dogs bring with them slobber and a lot of hair. Wait! I DO vacuum when ever the dog hair gets ankle deep in the bedroom carpet(just kidding), but living here in the woods gives us more than our share of dust. My motto is that if you live in the woods, the woods lives in your house as well. My rationalization is that if I cleaned every time I saw dust or hair flying, I would be cleaning non stop and I would not be able to do anything else. That is why we love company. That way, I have to clean and then I know that the house is cleaned once in a while. The last time Nana came we did a deep cleaning and it felt great. I vacuum every day or so, and that is as good as it gets, unless we can get company to visit. Did I mention that Febreze is my new best friend?Confession over for this Sunday!
It is a beautifully sunny day today with humidity of about 80 percent and temperatures in the high 80's. It is suppose to get to 90, and I think it probably will. When I went to go grocery shopping, Beeks got all excited and thought that he was going on a car adventure. When I got my keys, he pranced around in circles, thinking that of course he was going. I had to leave him at home because of the intense heat. I felt bad, and horribly mean but with temps like this and high humidity he would have been too hot in the car. Even with the windows rolled down. I know he didn't understand that I put my shoes on, got my keys and then left him here, but better a sad dog than a hot dog!
We usually don't put the air conditioner on until June but since we are having company that will have to sleep upstairs, I decided to put it on and then we will turn it off after they leave. We can suffer but not our guests.
Brad emailed me from work today and gave me another U Tube video of Newfies. Hope you enjoy it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDe8Z94HUXI&feature=related

I was able to get outside with Beeks this morning to do our walkabout. He(and I) really enjoy these early morning walks to see what is new with the flowers, and the yard. The fern are almost completely covered by forest ground cover(read underbrush and weeds). Only a few fronds are tall enough to be seen. It won't be long until the underbrush will start to die down and we will be able to see some of the fern again. Our peony's are just now opening up (see picture). They smell great and are so beautiful for the short time we have them. At a garage sale on Friday, I got two Columbine plants. They are small but they will come back again next year and be larger. I have to remind my self of the gardener's creed that my sister taught me about growing plants. Sleep, Creep, Leap. It takes three years or seasons for a plant to really show how well it will do. Patience is not my best tribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment