Tuesday, August 24, 2010

(182) My Cute Alarm Clock

Have I told you that Beeker is my morning alarm clock? When its time for Brad to wake me and he has to get me up (Brad wakes up early so he can get his coffee intake in peace and quiet) he lets Beeker out of the laundry room (Beeks is in the laundry room because he and Max would rough house) and tells him to wake me up. At this point Beeks goes right to it. He runs so fast into the bedroom. Like the bullet we know he can be, and jumps up on the bed. Then he rubs his face in my hand and then he puts his cold little nose in my face so that I can’t ignore him any longer. He knows his job, to “wake momma up” and he does it exceptionally well. As soon as I am awake and can acknowledge him I say, “OK I’m awake Beeker” or “Alright All done” he’s off. To do what he really loves to do, to play with Maxie. As the ruckus begins, he and Maxie rough house, rolling around the bedroom floor nipping, and barking and growling (playfully) so loud that I can not do anything but wake up.


Sometimes if I beg for a few more minutes of sleep, if Brad will agree then Beeker will be brought up on the bed and he will quietly lay there until I am again awaken by Brad telling Beeker to “Wake Mamma”. Beeks is such a great dog. I love waking each morning to his smiling face and cold nose. His tail goes in a circle which means he is a very happy dog.

Brad woke me this morning telling me that the score between Max and the neighborhood frogs is Max 1 and Frogs 5. Late last night when Brad let the dogs out Max went directly into the center of the dog run and started digging frantically. When Brad got there and realized that a frog was afoot he flashed the light and found the frog before Maxie. He pulled Maxie inside and left the frog for the night. This AM he looked and noticed the frog was not longer there. He says that this from was a different frog because this one had four working legs (remember the Max vs Frog previous episode?).

No comments:

Post a Comment