Monday, August 2, 2010

(160) Missing Me or Individuality at Its Best





I think my cat missed me. While we were gone on our weekend trip to Indiana, we left Chez on his own in the house with his water and food filled to the brim. In fact when we got home and checked his food and water supply, both were still half full. However, he must have really missed having us around and me in particular because he won’t leave me alone. He met me at the door when we returned last night with his usual loud meow. Since he has some Siamese in him he talks/meows to us often. From that point on, he followed me where ever I went in the house, weaving in and out between my legs, which had the desired effect of tripping me up so that I have to recognize his presence. Soon, Chez starts rubbing up against my arms when I try to sleep, against my legs when I try to go to the bathroom, and even as I stepped into the shower. Funny thing is that he wants to be near us and independent at the same time. He’s like a walking fur muff. He’s shedding so much that I get a hand full of white puffed out hair every time I pet him or he rubs up against me. So I fixed him! I decided to groom him, to brush him so good that he couldn’t wait to get out of my way. Believe it or not, between Chez and Beeker I combed a half bag of hair.

Here’s a little something that I learned about dogs the other day. A dog’s nose has little crevices and creases and little lines that make it as individual as a person’s finger tips. That was a new one on me. I did a comparison of Max and Beeker’s noses. They are both black so that isn’t different. But… They are completely different.

No comments:

Post a Comment