Friday, August 20, 2010

(178) Summer Pool Party

Its so hot out again today. We had temperatures into the mid 90’s with a heat index into the 100’s. I had to work so that meant that Max and Beeker were housed in the laundry room until I got home. When I did let them out into the yard they were quickly ready to get back into the house. Its still too hot for me to take them on a walk although they need one desperately. It will be two more weeks before we are able to have time to take the long walks that we (Beeker and I )both really need.

When I talked to my sister this afternoon, she told me about an event that her local swimming pool holds every year at the end of the swimming season. The pool is holding the Doggie Dip this evening. This is the time when owners can bring their dogs to the pool for a swim along. Although it is only for an hour it only costs $3.00. How cool would that be to swim in a swimming pool with your dog? Can you imagine the number of little and big dogs all in one pool? I would love to go and just watch the event. I wonder if there are a number of dog water fights? The dogs have to have proof of rabies vaccinations and the dogs have to be leashed when not in the water. How crazy would that be? Donations for the local humane society are also accepted. I love the idea of this. Another local area pool is also having a Bow Wow Luau in which pet owners and dogs can swim in the pool and also receive a gift bag from Purina. At this Luau the donations are going to an organization that provides low cost spay and neuter services. I think communities can really get innovative and motivate citizens if they collaborate with other community agencies. Here’s two cheers for the Quad Cities! But Wait… I just looked on the web under dogs in community pools and it turns out that many communities across the Midwest are hosting dogs this weekend. Milwaukee, Kansas City, Greenville North Carolina. So Check out your community and see if they are hosting a dog swim party. Alas, Champaign isn’t. Boo Hoo!

Max Update…

It has been almost two weeks since Brad took Max to the Veterinarian clinic and for the most part he hasn’t changed. He still is a happy dog, and he now eats every meal. This seems to be his diet of chicken, rice, green beans, and sweet potatoes. Still his back end is not outputting the necessary requirements so we think something is still amiss. Hopefully Brad will be able to talk to Max’s regular Vet next week and some resolution can be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment