Saturday, August 21, 2010

(179) Vacuum Love or Who Doesn't Love a Little Vacuuming Now and Then?

Who doesn’t love a good vacuuming now and then? Well, Beeks for one. Today when I got off work, I actually had time to run some of my errands.  I put gas in my car, I went to the grocery store. Stocked up on necessities for next week, and even got home early enough to take a much loved afternoon nap. I took my nap after I decided that the carpet in our bedroom had been dog haired and dirty long enough. I got out the all house vacuum and plugged it in and started working on our bedroom. Max went dog nuts. He loves the vacuum. He sidles up to me, unabashedly and moves his side and rear end so close to me that I can’t help but to get the message that he wants me to vacuum him! Yep my dog loves the vacuum! I don’t want to stop what I am doing, so I continue to ignore him only to have him weave back and forth in front of me so that I can hardly move forward. When I have to stop to clean out the nozzle he moves in for the big push. He stands over the power head and won’t move until I accidently use the open end to pull his upper lip out. This makes a loud sucking noise which doesn’t scare him only encourages him on. He pulls his head away, turning away to encourage me to vacuum his long hair alongside his body. I give up. I vacuum his side, his back, his hocks, and his belly. Now he’s happy. He wants me to continue but I have a room to vacuum and think about all the hair getting clogged in the vacuum canister down stairs in the basement. As I manage to finish my chore and am ready to pull the hose from the wall vent, I look for Beeker thinking he might also like a little vacuuming. He’s nowhere to be found. He’s not easily enamored with a vacuum. He wants his love from a real hands-on brushing. I find him, curled up in a little space next to the front door, away from the bedroom and the noise. He doesn’t want to be attacked by the big loud sucking machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment