Monday, June 28, 2010

(125) Giving Us the Rasberries




The mosquitoes were out in full force this morning but we went on our walkabout anyway. Beeks doesn’t seem to mind them. I guess his hair protects him from their pesky bothersome biting and hovering. I on the other hand find them very annoying, so I quicky made my way around the yard looking at my favorite plants and then hurried inside. As I was checking the bushes that my sister had given me earlier in the spring I noticed that the “stick” of snowball Viburnum was anything but. It has really grown so I looked closer at the leaves that had sprouted at the top and there were clumps of berries growing near the top. Turns out she didn’t give me a stick of Snowball Viburnum, but rather a stick of Raspberry. It is growing three clumps of fruit right at the top. And its growing great. How cool is that?
We’ve been hearing the hawks lately. Screeching and squawking as they fly overhead. At first we thought we had seagulls in our neighborhood but when they flew over we could see that it was GeorgeNGracie. They continued for calling for some time. Made us wonder what is happening in their life. They are usually quiet when they fly.

From the J & J Barker Report…The picture of Jesse running came from one of his walks on the trail at Cascade Lake. My parents summer there and Juli and Jesse made it to their place on Sunday. Juli reports that Jess is having so much fun running (he runs ahead and then back to them, then ahead again, then back ) that he now has blisters on his paws. She thinks she is going to have to take him out of commission. I bet he is having the time of his life! Did I mention how jealous I am?

And to prove that old dogs can learn new tricks…When Juli and Jesse came to visit us last month they taught us something new. I’ve shared that Beeks and I like to frequent Dairy Queen for ice cream cones. Well, they showed us! Juli showed me how I can get ice cream cones at McDonalds for $1 AND at some Micky D’s they sell them for $.50. How is that for a deal? That means that I can get the some cone for ½ the price and still be able to share with Beeks. We can go to Mc D’s twice as many times! Cowabunga! Old Dogs love new tricks that benefit them. Beeks told me that as long as the ICC’s keep comin’ he doesn’t care where they come from.

No comments:

Post a Comment