Wednesday, June 16, 2010

(113) Sun Glorious Sun!

Sun Glorious Sun! Although the temperature was warm (in the high 80’s), the humidity was a lot lower, in the 60% range. Beeks and I went on a long walk when I got home from work. He and I needed the exercise and the sunshine felt great! It’s amazing what a little vitamin D can do for a person. I used the harness for Beeks instead of the Gentle Leader. I think it worked great. I didn’t feel like I was pulling him back all the time and he liked having his head available for more smelling. It was unanimous, we were both happy.

We are all getting excited to leave on our road trip tomorrow. When I started gathering the dogs things and cleaning out Beeker’s travel bag, he got so excited and followed me all over the house. Max was highly curious as well. Both dogs kept sticking their noses into the bag. Maybe this had to do with the fact that it had some forgotten old rawhides and puppy food in the bottom. As you can tell, I haven’t cleaned it out in a while. As I repacked the bag, the dogs circled around making sure I added back some treats and the appropriate leashes, towels, food and toys. I think I was successful since, once I finished, he left to lay down near the kitchen door, a perfect position to see what my next action might be. Beeks was not so easily dismissed. He watched my every move. He watched me gather my clothes, make choices for our four day trip. When I walked to the laundry room, Beeks was at my heel like I haven’t seen in a long time. He was my constant pal. I wasn’t getting anything by him. I know he and Max are already wondering when we’re leaving and are hoping I remembered the antlers and sweet potato treats. Chez lays on the bed just watching the business of packing with little acknowledgment. He’ll be staying home so he isn’t invested in all of the excitement. It’s hard to ignore the overall differences between cats and dogs.

Tomorrow I work and Brad will pack our things in the truck, and the Tule box. We probably don’t need the box but it will be more comfortable for all of us if we take it. It will give us more room. We are going to take some luxury items (a small gas grill) that I know the kids won’t have in case we want to use them. We understand the weather has been hot and humid equal parts heat and humidity. So…What difference is there? It’s the Ocean! Brad has researched the dog friendly beaches and has discovered that the one that looks the best and the closest, allows dogs on the beach from 5-10 AM. That’s early, so we are gonna have to get up with the Sun! Then there is the wonderful dog park in the Nature Preserve next to where Ben and Jess live. The dogs love this park and it also has a pond where all the dogs like to swim. It’s gonna be a Fantastic Dog Vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment