Saturday, June 12, 2010

(109) The Rain's Comin' Down and We Can't Go Out

It is raining Cats and Dogs (what really does that mean?) and we can’t go outside to play. This morning before we went to work, we took both dogs outside in the front yard and let them play again. If we can let Maxie out without his leash for a little while, I think he will learn that it is a privilege and we will learn that we can trust him more. Both Maxie and Beeker loved being outside together. Again, Max went straight for the ornamental grass and Beeks for Max’s tail. As we walked the yard, they followed us and Maxie came when Brad called him to a heel. It is good for both Max and Brad to see that this is possible.

I was able do a little gardening this morning and I loved being able to have Beeks with me. When the Postal Delivery came around, I called Beeks to me and had him go down to a lay down. He did very well and just stayed and watched the Jeep pull around the circle and stop at each mail box.
Now it has been thundering and raining with great gusto. All of the plants need this rain so it is good but it isn’t conducive to spending time outside. There is a local “Taste of Champaign” festival going on this weekend and it seems that it rains each year. Wouldn’t want to change history. Maybe the rain is so heavy this weekend as a clue that I need to do housecleaning. When I started vacuuming I realized it had been a long time since the last time I had cleaned. The dog hair was really flying. Well, all gone now!

Here is my latest movie review. We watched Smoke Signals night before last. It is about young Native American Indians on the Coeur d'Alene, Idaho reservation. It is a delightful movie we first watched when we met my parents in Cascade Idaho, some years ago. Now it is one of our favorite movies. If you haven’t seen this movie, I recommend it. It’s quirky and funny and sentimental as well. Author Sheman Alexie is the author behind this movie. If you know his work, you know his great sense of humor and will really enjoy this movie as well.
Tonight will be another Netflix streaming night. I don’t know what we will be watching but we have had great luck so far. Just never can tell what the rain will bring. We have only one dog movie in the queue, My Life as a Dog. That’s a great flick also.

No comments:

Post a Comment