Friday, June 11, 2010

(108) A Frustrating Friday



I’ve been working a huge number of hours this week, which leaves me little time to spend with Beeker or write my blog. I know I’m not the only one who works long hours (ask my husband). We barely get time to do our walkabout in the morning and Beeks hasn’t had a long walk all week. I haven’t made dinner for most of the week and so I’m contemplating not continuing the blog. Both dogs are happy to see me when I get home but when I go upstairs to get to work on the computer(more work) Beeks just gives me a long look and stays downstairs.

Tonight, Brad grilled outside. It was a nice evening and while I was working upstairs he was outside putting brats on the grill. Usually we like to grill out together. While the meet is on the grill, we have a beer and spend time outside with the dogs. The dogs run together (a major treat for both dogs) and we enjoy the evening. I wasn’t able to be out with Brad and while I worked I was grumpy. So, I shut down the computer and decided since it was Friday night, I was going to enjoy my family. I grabbed a beer and let the dogs out. Since it was still light out the dogs ran around so happily I felt better instantly. Max went straight for the tall decorative grass and Beeks went straight for Max’s tail. He kept pulling and pulling until Max stopped chewing grass and curled around to play with Beeks. While the dogs were at it, Brad shared his yard discoveries with me. Turns out that the tall “light house” birdhouse we have hanging in a front tree has a wren and its babies in it. If you (me or Brad) walk up close to the birdhouse you can hear the baby chicks squeaking inside. How awesome! He also showed me a Toad that is close to the house. Usually if Max sees one of our toads he tries to grab it with his mouth getting a really foul taste. This will result in spitting and foaming at the mouth. Max didn’t see the toad this time, although he did sniff around the area.

I am glad that I decided to join my family and enjoy them. Sometimes the hardest decisions give me the greatest feeling after I make a choice. Now I just have to figure out what to do about this blog. Hopefully the decision I make will be one I can be happy about.

3 comments:

  1. Who is that tiny little dog in the background with the beady, glowing eyes??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why that's a super hero dog...Lassie Lazer Dog! Beware or he'll use his eyes to tractor beam all the antlers to himself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no no no.... not the antlers!!!

    ReplyDelete