Monday, June 21, 2010

(118) Today came Early




Today came early. 4:00AM to be exact. It came on the heels of a late night. We celebrated Ben’s birthday and Father’s day with a dinner out at a local restaurant called The Noisy Oyster. It was a fresh fish restaurant where the menu proclaimed fresh fish and seafood. Ben and Brad chose fresh Sesame Tuna and Jessi and I chose the southern favorite Shrimp and Grits. This was a first for me. I have seen it prepared on Throw Down with Bobby Flay but I have not tasted it and was looking forward to the experience of it. I was not disappointed. I loved it. It’s creamy and spicy and rich, but not too rich. Mmmmm. We were so full from all that we ate, that when we got back to the kids’ apartment, we didn’t have room for the birthday cake in the fridge.

This morning we wanted to get an early start since we want to drive the 900 miles home in one day. This also means that there is not a great deal to share with you. We have great weather to drive in with sunshine and temperatures in the 80’s. It doesn’t feel too humid, although that might be due to us leaving Charleston where it is extremely humid.

I want to share with you the animal personality test that Juli mentioned in the comments a few posts ago. The link is www.animalinyou.com


Brad and I both took the test with funny outcomes. Read into it what you want but Brad is an Owl and I am a PENGUIN! I suggest you try the test and see what animal you are. Pretty Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment