Monday, July 19, 2010

(146) A New Home for My Dog

Have I mentioned that Beeker loves to eat grass? Whenever I let Beeker outside, he goes directly to the ornamental grass growing around the light pole. Max also loves to eat grass and does anytime he gets a chance. Eating grass is common for dogs and cats. There are multiple beliefs as to why dogs and cats eat grass. Some people believe that animals eat grass when they are not feeling good and need to throw up. I’ve seen both dogs throw up after eating grass. Others believe that dogs (and cats) eat grass because they are deficient in some nutrient or vitamin and is trying to replace it by eating grass. Another suggestion is that if dogs eat grass they are may need the fiber that grass gives them. I have also read that grass may just taste sweet to dogs and some just like the taste of it. I think Beeker falls into this last category. Besides the fact that he eats anything even food, he does like sweet tall grass. All kinds of it. Dogs can also eat grass because they have an empty stomach or because their stomach isn’t feeling right and they are trying to calm it. Grass seems a lot like lettuce. Its green, leafy and to dogs it probably just like a salad. The thing that’s interesting, is that with all of the research I did on the web, there was still controversy as to why dogs eat grass. Veterinarian’s aren’t sure why. Seems simple really. Dogs eat almost everything, or anything.
I don’t have a dog house for Beeker. When I was younger I had a Dogloo for one of my former dogs. However, I found a website that showed some dog Mansions for sale. If you want a real dog house/mansion your dog can be the talk of the hood. Dog mansions range from $5,500 on upward and can be custom made. The website http://www.dog-spoiling-made-easy.com/custom-dog-houses.html,will show you just the perfect home for your dog. You will be absolutely amazed what is available for your dog. I’m sure you can also use these dog mansions for a child’s playhouse. When I was a kid, I would have loved one. Beeks would love one too, even if he wouldn’t want to stay outside in it too long. Beeks isn’t really a foofoo kind of dog anyway. I can see him in a ranch style mansion or an A frame, or maybe even barn style with real open space to rough house with Maxie. Maxie would want a house with an ice rink as a floor or one that is completely open, he needs lots of space to spread out. See what you think about these really extravagant mansions for your dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment